–Funcom sells nearly half a million units of Conan Exilesfirst month, plans to more than double the investment duringEarly Access–
– Full launch in Q1 2018, six major updates during Early Access, game coming for both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One –
Oslo, Norway – March 6th, 2017 – Funcom is excited to reveal the future of Conan Exiles, the studio's open world survival game which entered into Early Access on January 31st this year. The game sold nearly half a million copies the first month and grossed a whopping 1 million USD the first sixty minutes after it went live on Steam. The entire development budget was recouped in less than one week. Today Funcom is thrilled to share with the community what the future has in store for Conan Exiles. Funcom is fully committed to making sure Conan Exiles has a successful Early Access period, and will be investing another 5 to 10 million USD into the development before final launch.
This investmentwillgiveplayerssix major contentupdates, a Game Preview releaseon Xbox One in Q3 2017 and full launchonPlaystation 4, PC, and Xbox One in Q1 2018.
Funcom will release several themed updates during the next year, each offeringplayers a host ofnewfeatures and newcontent to enjoy in Conan Exiles:
- Siege Warfare: Players canattackeachother'ssettlementswithpowerfulwar machines, such as siegetowers or trebuchets, and fling rotting corpses over thewallsoftheirenemies to spreadpestilence in theirstreets.
- The Purge: Hordes of NPC warriorswillsweepdownintotheExiles Lands and attackplayer settlements. Players must readytheirdefensesagainstthis brutal attack, butcanalso go on the offensive and capture new thralls and strong gear.
- Mounts: You will be able to enjoy mounted combat on horses and capturing camels, rhinos or even elephants to be used for pack animals or crushing your opponents walls. Mounted combat will also make its way to Conan Exiles.
- Sorcery: Embrace the dark corruption of magic to summon demons or raise the undead to create an army of skeletons. Magic in the world of Conan is more than shooting fireballs out of your hands: it's dark, terrible, and twisted.
- Settlement System: Create a living city, where you command your thralls to guard, patrol, craft, gather or trade based on your own schedules. Build roads, set up schedules for your thralls, and breathe life into your settlement.
- Highland Biome: An all new area expanding the existing map into the highlands, with new creatures, armors, religions and a temperature system. Explore vast forests and scale tall mountains in this rugged, weather-beaten part of Hyboria.
All content updates will be free to all Conan Exilesplayers.
"We are very excited to share with the community our plans for Conan Exiles going forward," says Funcom Creative Director Joel Bylos. "With six major updates and two console releases, players will see Conan Exiles grow and evolve in the months ahead as we head towards full launch. We look forward to working directly with the community every step of the way and we will be putting out continuous patched in between the major updates to constantly better the experience."
Funcom is also excited to bepresent on the show floor at PAX East in Boston, where gamers can drop by to play the game and chat with the developers. Funcom will also be handing out exclusive print copies of its custom Conan Exiles comic book produced by Dark Horse Comics.
Funcom is an independent developer and publisher of online games for PC, mobile, tablet and consoles. Funcom has provided outstanding entertainment since 1993 and continues to expand its track-record of more than twenty released games. Titles include ‘CONAN EXILES‘, ‘The Secret World’, 'LEGO® Minifigures Online', ‘Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures’, ‘The Longest Journey', 'Anarchy Online', 'The Park', and 'Dreamfall: The Longest Journey'. For corporate information, please visit www.funcom.com. For information about Funcom games, please visit www.conanexiles.com, www.playminifigures.com, www.thesecretworld.com, www.anarchy-online.com, www.dreamfall.com, www.theparkgame.com, www.conanexiles.com, or www.ageofconan.com. Funcom is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange under the ticker FUNCOM.